Job Announcement: Library Applications Specialist
Requisition Number: 52256
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Apply By: 24-Oct-2023
University Libraries encourages applications for a Library Applications Specialist! The Specialist is responsible for the system administration, support, and technical stewardship of the university’s library services platform (LSP) and related products, application support of the Libraries' interlibrary loan system, and other library-specific software and hardware applications serving both patrons and employees of the Libraries. The desired candidate will be committed to fostering a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment for students, staff, and faculty and excel in collaboration, maintaining and cultivating good working relationships and mutual understanding through prompt and effective communication.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are a knowledge catalyst. We fuel inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
An information-empowered world.
Empower | Connect | Learn | Inspire
Our values define our interactions within the Libraries and radiate outwardly. This means that we develop a culture that compassionately and authentically embodies our values in all aspects of our work.
We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual, and physical environment for all. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusivity.
The University Libraries encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and that person may be one who comes from a less traditional background. As you review the qualifications, please think about how your qualifications are transferable if (at first) they do not seem directly related. Share how your skills translate in your cover letter. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every preferred qualification.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Acting as the application systems administrator for assigned applications, administers and supports the library services platform (FOLIO) and related products (VuFind, MetaDB, APIs and data integration, etc.), the interlibrary loan system (ILLiad), and other Library-specific applications (OCLC Connexion, Clarivate/III products, Research Pro), as well as support for specialized Library hardware endpoints. This includes:
- Work to maintain consistent and reliable operation, delivery, and access to CU Libraries’ LSP system, discovery layer, databases, and aggregate electronic resources.
- Triage, evaluate, assign, research, troubleshoot, escalate, and/or resolve support issues advanced to the Core Technology and Applications Team (CTA) through campus ticketing systems and other channels related to Library technologies.
- Actively engage with open source communities relevant to the Libraries; act as technical liaison and a point-of-communication to open source and commercial partners, communities of practice, technology-related Libraries consortia, and other 3rd party organizations.
- Coordinate the configuration and testing of system upgrades, enhancements, system integrations, and add-on modules, ensuring compatibility, communicating feature changes, and scheduling updates.
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date documentation about library systems configurations, workflows, and processes.
- Communicate changes in system functionality to library partners in a prompt, effective, and professional manner.
- Collaborate with University Office of Information Technology Identity & Access Management (OIT IAM) to manage processes that provision user access to library systems and resources.
- Be responsible for patron and course loads into the LSP and other systems.
- Ensure overall interoperability of LSP with third-party applications. Manage and support systems that work with the LSP, such as course reserves, interlibrary loan and consortial borrowing systems, APIs and data interchange interfaces, and library technology protocols. This includes providing triage, support, and management for some Library-specific hardware endpoint devices such as self-checkout machines, bookeye scanners, et.al.
- Work collaboratively to support Libraries employees by researching, evaluating, recommending, and testing new software, hardware, and techniques for information delivery that improve access and are compatible with the existing systems. Collaborate across library departments to find opportunities for automation and facilitate the improvement of system workflows.
Professional Development and Community Engagement
- Engage in continuous professional development to maintain knowledge of current trends in emerging technologies, digital tools, and software solutions. Applies lessons learned to current needs of the Libraries.
- Participate and contribute to appropriate meetings and communities of practice; attend industry conferences to stay informed about changes and trends and to support other departments on matters of service delivery as it relates to these systems.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Libraries committees, such as those that oversee user experience and service points, to ensure optimization of all catalog and patron discovery interfaces; troubleshoot access issues for licensed content and software.
Provide training and make recommendations to Libraries’ employees on relevant modules of the above systems including upgrades and add-on modules. Serve as advisor to the Director of Libraries Core Technology and Applications, the Management Team, and the Executive Committee on matters concerning the LSP, the interlibrary loan system, and associated technology. Participate in recruitment, hiring, and training of new library staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Should Know
This position is in a hybrid work situation.
What We Can Offer
- $65,000.00 - $73,250.00.
- A small relocation assistance stipend may be available within University Libraries guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be ambitious. Be groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university.
- One year of professional experience supporting, managing, and troubleshooting enterprise library systems and applications.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent service to internal and external partners, embodying the warm, welcoming sense of belonging that we endeavor to cultivate for all library patrons.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently without direct supervision as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to function optimally in an environment of multiple priorities.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage customers.
- Knowledge of library principles and practices, library collections, and the delivery of library services.
What We Would Like You to Have
- System administration experience with one or more Library ILS or LSP systems.
- Knowledge of circulation, interlibrary loan, serials, cataloging, archives, and acquisitions workflows.
- Experience cleaning, curating, migrating, or managing library data.
- Experience documenting procedures.
- Experience in Service Desk or ITIL processes.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by 10/24/2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
How to apply
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Published: Friday, October 13, 2023 21:06 UTC
Last updated: Friday, October 13, 2023 21:06 UTC