Dartmouth is hiring for our Discovery Systems Librarian position. Come and work with a collaborative, dynamic group of colleagues. As an integral member of our Digital Library Technologies Group, the successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across the organization to ensure the best experience for our users. Ex Libris’s Primo VE is at the center of our discovery landscape, and we’re working to integrate it with a range of other systems we use. Bring your unique skills and experience, grow them through professional development and engagement with library communities, and help us to make the Dartmouth Libraries a research engine, powering knowledge.
The Discovery Systems Librarian is responsible for configuring and managing the Library’s main catalog/discovery layer (Ex Libris’s Primo VE). The incumbent will manage a variety of information discovery pathways, and will monitor and report on key analytics for stakeholders throughout the Library. The person in this position will work collaboratively to promote discovery across electronic resource systems, institutional repositories, and archives and special collections systems. They will also work closely with members of our web team to apply UX approaches and best practices to our discovery systems.
● Master’s degree in Library Science (or a related field) plus 2 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience in a library discovery environment
● Deep understanding of metadata models, tools, and best practices across the library field
● Knowledge of current and emerging library discovery systems and technology standards
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues
● Knowledge of library analytics tools
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and communication skills
Last updated: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 19:11 UTC