The Operations Support Specialist provides primary support for specialist tools and workflows that promote the success of publishing and repository service users, both internal and external. In addition to providing direct operational support, you will provide feedback on business and user needs to improve upon existing workflows. Tools that the Specialist focuses on are Firebrand TMM, the enterprise book metadata management system, and Symplectic Elements, the University's research information management system. Workflows include ensuring that information supply chain partners are robustly indexing original published content.
- 50% : Service Support
- Provides user support for publishing systems.
- Fields tickets from external and internal users.
- Provide quick fixes through admin panels.
- Coordinate with vendor support for more advanced support needs.
- Support metadata feeds to distribution channels.
- Monitor automated error reports distribution channels to either resolve systemic problems, or route errors to the appropriate departments for resolution.
- Assist staff in making bulk corrections to metadata records.
- 20% : Reporting and Analytics
- Support the Lead Project Manager in the configuration and use of management, tracking, and reporting tools.
- Organize automated tracking of usage analytics (in Google Analytics and COUNTER) across our repository platforms (Fulcrum, Deep Blue documents, Deep Blue data).
- Create and maintain automated reports, including the Data Studio Reports and the Readership Map. Maintain awareness of changes in analytics standards and tools.
- Support aggregation of usage metrics into third-party aggregation systems (e.g., IRUS, ScienceOpen, Book Analytics Dashboard, PSI IP Registry).
- Perform quality control to ensure the successful adoption of new workflows and practices by internal and external users.
- 15% : Discovery Workflows
- Support and expand connections with profile systems that benefit authors/creators such as Symplectic Elements/Dimensions, and the identifier systems that support them, e.g., ORCID, DataCite, Crossref.
- Coordinate with external discovery service vendors under contract (EBSCO, Ex Libris, OCLC). Develop workflows to include all compatible content in deliveries (from Fulcrum, Deep Blue Docs, Janeway).
- Oversee automated generation of KBART and MARC files for collections.
- Process batch delivery of KBART, MARC, and PDF files to discovery service vendors.
- 10% : Authentication and Authorization
- Process authentication and authorization requests, including subscription orders, embargos, and requests to access campus-restricted dissertations.
- Contribute to authentication workflows and systems, including Shibboleth and our Identity Federation memberships.
- 5% : Administer other software platforms
- Basic administration of web-based software systems (TeamDynamix, Jira, Confluence) to help with project setup, user/group access management, and support.
How to apply
Published: Friday, October 6, 2023 16:40 UTC
Last updated: Friday, October 6, 2023 16:40 UTC