Florida State University (FSU) Libraries is seeking a Research Impact Librarian who will be responsible for developing and supporting services related to research impact measurement and bibliometrics for the FSU community. These services will include analysis and remediation of research impact data captured by various systems as well as outreach and education about best practices for collecting, managing, and analyzing this data.
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree or equivalent experience or degree in one or more fields relevant to the position
- Demonstrated experience with bibliometric data sources such as Web of Science, InCites, Scopus, SciVal, and Google Scholar
- Knowledge of basic and derivative bibliometrics (publication counts, citation counts, h-index, and other citation-based impact metrics)
- Knowledge of issues related to researcher identification and experience using researcher profiling systems (e.g., ORCID, Researcher ID, etc.)
- Understanding of issues related to responsible research evaluation using bibliometric data
- Understanding of university research environments and ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal skills for teaching, troubleshooting, and producing documentation and reports
- Ability to take initiative, create opportunities, and develop effective partnerships
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis methods associated with bibliometrics, including data management, manipulation, interpretation, and analysis skills
- Experience with planning and facilitating training on using persistent identifiers (such as ORCID) and locating and analyzing bibliometric datasets
- Knowledge of and experience tagging Indigenous data with Traditional Knowledge Labels and/or Bicultural notices to indicate Indigenous interest
Applications will be accepted until July 5th.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 18:52 UTC