Senior Software Developer
Created: January 22, 2013
Northwestern University Evanston0 other recent jobs
The Senior Software Developer (Job ID 20343) will work in a highly collaborative environment with library colleagues and partners on the analysis design, coding and testing of software in order to explore, adapt, and implement current and emerging technologies. Under the direction of the Head of Web Technologies, this position develops, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative and interactive web-based applications. This position oversees the development of the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the library's existing and new mobile and web development projects.
- Architects, develops, deploys, maintains and supports web and mobile applications, websites and related systems, and communication components written in a variety of scripting and programming languages;
- Develops interactive interfaces and database solutions to integrate web services into the library's public website and other web and mobile sites;
- Collaborates with others in the library and outside of the University on software projects facilitating open source and other cooperative contributions;
- Plans upcoming projects, gathers requirements, determines scope, documents project tasks and meets with internal library staff regarding project needs
- Communicates with others to determine best areas of focus, requirements gathering, code review, and status updates;
- Attends project meetings as needed, and may represent the library at technically oriented conferences and meetings;
- Defines and implements interface strategies with other software systems in use locally, with consortia partners or vendor systems;
- Prepares documentation to effect knowledge transfer of application systems and local software development;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Four to six years of related professional experience;
- Advanced web development experience with languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, and Python;
- Prior work with collaborative projects involving group software development;
- Knowledge of software development processes, requirements gathering, and bug tracking;
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
Learn more about this position and apply at: https://nuhr.northwestern.edu/hr91prod_er/eRecruit_login.html (advance search Job Opening ID 20343).
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC