Systems & Digitization Librarian
Basic Job Functions
The Systems & Digitization Librarian manages the day-to-day technical support as well as the lifecycle of the Library’s systems, applications, hardware and web services, the digital asset management systems, and collections management applications; coordinates the planning, evaluation and implementation of the Library’s electronic resources; recommends, configures, and provides support for new and emerging technologies and processes. The Librarian also manages the Library’s Digitization Program.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, implements, and troubleshoots systems for optimal performance, usability and accessibility.
- Collect statistics for systems usage to assist with resource allocation, identify trends, improve metadata descriptions and gap analysis.
- Works with the IT Department, Library staff, and vendors to maintain the Library’s systems and services.
- Collaborates in the development, creation, promotion and assessment of Library Systems policies, procedures and best practices.
- Works with Library staff to develop and manage grant-funded digitization initiatives.
- Manages digital curation for long-term preservation and access of Mertz Library’s digital assets
- Responsible for maintenance, administration, and upkeep of Library website
- Oversees the management of the Library’s Electronic Resources Management Systems (ERMS) and hosted EZProxy authorizations software.
- Supports library staff in training and use of electronic resources, tools, software.
- Supervises Digital Imaging Technician, grant-funded project staff and volunteersQualification
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies, including the creation and maintenance of websites using HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with Innovative Interfaces or similar integrated library systems.
• Knowledge of database administration, data modeling, SQL queries, and experience working with APIs.
• Knowledge of current best practices in the field of digital curation.
• Knowledge of Linux, FTP, secure shell (SSH) scripting.
• Advanced knowledge of XML, and familiarity with the many XML-based metadata schemas and standards (including MARC, EAD, MODS, METS, Dublin Core.).
• Comfortable with a Unix server environment, including the installation of software packages and setup, and configuration and troubleshooting of new applications
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 20:58 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 20:58 UTC