The Systems Librarian will work across the four campuses and the State Historical Society of Missouri to maintain the integrity of the library platform and to develop and implement FOLIO system enhancements. This will include the technical functions of managing data integration and API access; coordinating data loads, setting priorities for system upgrades, communicating with appropriate vendors, and coordinating with the campuses to update and standardize the discovery layers. The position will report to the Director of Digital Initiatives at University of Missouri Columbia, but can be located at any UM campus or work remotely.
Description of Duties:
- Engage in the FOLIO Community; stay updated on FOLIO development (upgrades, hotfixes, roadmap)
- Manage 3rd party FOLIO integrations and API access/use to ensure data integrity
- Coordinate and schedule FOLIO dry-run testing and upgrades, collaborating with - Missouri State University and other hosted libraries as needed.
- Coordinate with campuses to report issues in FOLIO Jira for the UM System and liaison with EBSCO and the FOLIO community on resolutions.
- Coordinate data loads and exports and the demand on system, i.e., monitor performance
- Create and maintain ILS-related documentation (Confluence); liaise with Functional Support Librarian on needed documentation
- Primary responsibility for shared settings and configurations
- Work with others to meet reporting needs (i.e., queries of data, but not to create visuals)
- Coordinate with campuses to update and standardize discovery layers
- Work with site coordinators to facilitate regular meetings, set priorities, and work on enhancements for system
- Liaison to cross campus committees on Circulation, Acquisitions, and Cataloging to coordinate and communicate issues and updates
• A master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program is required. For the rank of Librarian II, three years of professional library experience is also required.
Applicants will be evaluated on:
• Commitment to working with and learning APIs and related software tools/scripting languages to extract, manipulate and report data (JSON).
• Project management skills
• Familiarity with library metadata schema (MARC, RDA) and linked data
• Experience with systems deployment and configuration, particularly ILS platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate policies and workflows with diverse stakeholders.
• Experience using a ticketing system like JIRA
Salary and librarian rank will be commensurate with experience. Remote work options are negotiable.
- Librarian I, negotiable from $51,500
- Librarian II, negotiable from $56,500
- Librarian III, negotiable from $64,000
This position holds non-tenure track faculty status (NTT) and will be hired at the appropriate rank of Librarian or Archivist. For information regarding title and rank, please review the MU Libraries’ Librarian and Archivist Governance Document found at: http://library.missouri.edu/staff/libguides/Governance%20Document_rev2019.pdf
A cover letter, contact information for three references and CV must be uploaded
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Friday, January 27, 2023 07:44 UTC
Last updated: Friday, January 27, 2023 07:44 UTC