Programmer Analyst I (Web Developer)
The Programmer Analyst I's role is to develop, test, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
About the Department and/or College
Ranked among the top third of academic research libraries nationally, Texas Tech University Libraries serve as a vital partner with students and faculty in their learning endeavors. The University Libraries' system is comprised of: (1) University Library, (2) Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, and the (3) Architecture Library. The University Library is a patent and trademark depository and is one of two regional depositories for U.S. government documents in Texas. The central focus of the Texas Tech University Libraries is to make available 3.72 million physical volumes, electronic resources, special collections, and archives, and to offer services to students and faculty that enable academic and research success.
- With close supervision by management and/or project leads: Develops programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor-supplied upgrades.
- Completes application modifications to enhance functionality, adapt to technology changes, and correct application errors.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT Ops) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- Acts as a functional backup for the web librarian and supports the website with code development led by the Web Librarian.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience creating program documentation.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Experience with Web-specific technologies and systems.
- Familiarity with web technologies.
- Skilled with relational database management systems like SQL.
- Experience maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Ability to document workflow and process engineering; integrity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 8, 2022 19:23 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, September 8, 2022 19:23 UTC