The Boston University Libraries are seeking a Discovery Services Manager to ensure effective discovery and delivery of the BU Libraries scholarly and digital resources across library systems and the web to BU’s global scholarly user communities. Working closely with colleagues in Library Technology & Discovery Services and across library units, this position will manage the continuous improvement of discovery through administration of platforms, evaluating user needs, implementing, and supporting solutions.
- Administer, configure, and coordinate technical support for the BU Libraries’ discovery platforms (primarily in Primo and related components in Alma).
- Configure data and web services integrations with other library systems, such as repository, archival, and digital collections systems.
- Lead projects related to discovery platforms, integrations, and interface updates.
- Evaluate patron experiences with discovery platforms on a continuous basis through use of analytics and user research activities.
- Devise and implement solutions that improve discovery based on observed data and feedback gathered through regular analyses.
- Supply leadership and strategic thinking to the BU Libraries organization in service of the integration and improved discovery of library resources, both print and digital, across collections, branches, and function units.
- Master’s degree in library & information science, information systems, or field related to the administration of systems and data for organization and delivery of online information.
- 2-3 years of experience with library systems or electronic resources OR any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Working knowledge of metadata formats, standards, and exchange protocols such as MARC, Dublin Core, linked data, OAI-PMH, XML.
- Experience in customer service or technical support for software applications, online resources, web technologies, or library operations.
- Ability to develop procedures and workflows, create and maintain documentation.
- Ability to think systematically to analyze issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse campus environment.
- Ability to create reports, interpret, and make decisions informed by web analytics.
- Experience with Primo and Alma library systems for discovery and resource management.
- Experience producing help, instruction, and tutorial content for a range of audiences.
- Ability to set priorities for feature development and enhancements through user research, feedback, and analytics.
- Awareness of industry trends and user expectations for discovery and usage in an academic research environment.
- Experience working with web publishing technologies.
Boston University Libraries is a learning organization that supports the work of BU librarians, archivists, and information and subject specialists to seek and share knowledge, practices, and perspectives that advance library services to the university community. Embedded in numerous vibrant regional and national library and information specialist networks, the Boston University Libraries are active members within the Boston Library Consortium, the Association of Research Libraries, and the Coalition for Networked Information, and library staff at BU serve as engaged thought-leaders on a wide breadth of library management and service areas across diverse communities.
Application review will commence August 29, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
For complete description, please visit: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=310402
Published: Friday, August 5, 2022 16:37 UTC
Last updated: Friday, August 5, 2022 16:37 UTC