Equinox Open Library Initiative is looking for a Support Specialist to join our team! We are seeking a creative and motivated individual with experience providing customer service and technical support to provide exceptional support for libraries worldwide. Interested? Apply today!
A Support Specialist at Equinox is responsible for providing stellar service and support for Equinox clients using Evergreen ILS, Koha ILS, VuFind, CORAL, and other open source library technologies. An understanding of library workflows and experience providing empathetic and friendly service are essential to success in this role. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and communicate with efficiency, skill, and attention to detail, and do so with effective time management skills.
This is full-time, remote position with schedule to be determined within Equinox's business hours. Support Specialists are also expected to be available to provide on-call and emergency support.
- Analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving software and hardware issues for clients
- Patching client systems and appropriately tracking changes
- Communicating proactively, clearly, and respectfully with clients (by phone, email, via remote communication platforms)
- Troubleshooting and reporting bugs with the software itself
- Providing system administration and training and educational support as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience providing customer service (library experience preferred)
- Experience providing help desk support and using help desk ticketing systems
- High comfort level with Linux, a shell prompt, scripting, and SQL
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, demonstrate good judgment in addressing support concerns, and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to work well in a team environment and manage time and tasks effectively
- Experience supporting open source software and participating in open source communities
- Experience supporting or administering integrated library systems and other library-related technologies
- Experience working remotely as an employee
- Experience working in a library technology role or with library clients
Last updated: Thursday, June 16, 2022 17:09 UTC