We are looking for a full-stack developer to join the University of Richmond library's Digital Scholarship Lab (DSL) and Digital Engagement (DE) team. The DSL is one of the leading digital humanities centers in the country, and the Digital Engagement group works to create and share digital collections of important university and library collections. The developer will utilize their expertise in web development to contribute to innovative digital scholarship and digital collections projects. They will work not only with DSL and DE team members but have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the University of Richmond's scholars. We are thus looking for someone who is creative, interested in working on academic projects, and takes pride in the craft of web development. You’d be a good fit if:
• You understand web fundamentals and how front-end code fits into it.
• You have experience with the following: React, TypeScript, HTML, CSS.
• You have experience creating, configuring, and maintaining required components, features, and web services on the server-side back-end (databases, APIs, etc.)
• You are comfortable working a lot of different types of data and command-line tools.
• Ideally have experience with Postgres, PostGIS, and/or Omeka.
To apply, visit the University of Richmond Careers Page and make sure to include your Resume and Cover Letter. Feel free to link to your LinkedIn, or Github profile in the Cover Letter.
Note: We want to emphasize that the preferred qualifications are not required and that we are committed to helping our future colleagues develop these skills. Additionally, applicants are encouraged to communicate how their work fulfills the required qualifications in ways that may not be obvious.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 19:28 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 19:28 UTC