Reporting to the Head of Library Technology Services, the Web Developer provides support and development of software applications for the Libraries, with a focus on the Libraries website and related interfaces. The Web Developer works to create and update library web applications, focusing primarily on the main library website in WordPress. This position requires strong front-end development and related website development skills, including the ability to fix accessibility issues; building theme and custom modules in WordPress; and developing sophisticated web interface elements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the technical design, implementation and maintenance of Libraries web applications and related systems and architectures in collaboration with Libraries staff and key stakeholders.
- Participate in iterative testing and integration of user feedback throughout the development and implementation processes.
- Collaborate with campus-wide technology services as needed to ensure proper implementation and management of website content management system, security policies, and authentication/authorization procedures.
- Write and maintain documentation for application code both for internal developers and the wider library development community.
- Maintain awareness of national and international best practices and advances in library applications, frameworks, and implementations by actively engaging in library and academic technology communities (WordPress developer communities, Code4Lib, etc.). Perform other duties as assigned.
The full list of job responsibilities, salary information, and the required qualifications can be viewed on WashU Jobs, position #JR65891.
How to apply
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 15:54 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 15:54 UTC