The UConn Library seeks an innovative and collaborative Repository Manager for our Digital Preservation Repository Program (DPRP). Reporting to the Digital Preservation Repository Program Director, the Repository Manager collaborates with colleagues and participants in creating and setting development priorities for the DPRP program, for general administration and program planning for the DPRP—whose public programs are known under the brand Connecticut Digital Archive (CTDA) and serves as the principal point of contact between CTDA content managers and the repository. The CTDA is a statewide digital preservation and access program that serves more than 80 institutions across Connecticut, manages more than 3 million digital objects, and is Connecticut’s Service Hub for the Digital Public Library of America. The CTDA participates in national and international conversations relating to digital preservation and digital library services.
Along with all UConn Library personnel, Repository Manager will demonstrate respect in all interactions within the Library and across the University and will exemplify the UConn Library values of kindness and trust, curiosity and inquiry, equity and inclusion, and having fun.
- Collaborates with Unit Head to create and set program development priorities
- Acts as principal point of contact between content managers and the repository program
- Collaborates with technical staff, vendors, and stakeholders to develop and implement technology enhancement projects
- Configures and maintains user-facing tools and pages as appropriate in conjunction with technical staff
- Creates and implements information architecture of user-facing pages and services
- · Creates and implements trainings, workshops, and facilitates meetings for stakeholders
- Maintains documentation relating to program activities
- Leads development of metadata and content management standards and procedures, collaborating with stakeholders and technical staff as appropriate
- Filters and assigns problems in the ticketing system
- Completes content and user testing and approval for system upgrades
- Manages interns, graduate, and undergraduate students as needed
- Participates in Islandora interest groups as appropriate
Applications must be submitted online using UConn Jobs at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, (Search #496234) and include a cover letter, detailed resume, and contact information for three professional references. Candidates must address in their cover letter and/or resume how their candidacy meets the position responsibilities, minimum qualifications, and preferred qualifications (if applicable). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on May 1, 2022.
Last updated: Tuesday, April 5, 2022 16:46 UTC