With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Locations: Remote, US - New York, Washington, D.C.
The SharePoint Specialist will work with EDF Staff to support the rollout of the new SharePoint 365 environment, assisting with the setup and adoption of new sites as well as the migration of legacy SharePoint sites to 365. They will be an advocate and the primary touch point for EDF staff, providing guidance, trainings and requirements gathering.
This person will sit on the SharePoint governance council and be the voice of the staff users helping to make information architecture decisions. Sitting on the Library team within the IT department, the position will help to develop document storage best practices, naming conventions and other workflows and processes to help support EDF staff in their work.
- Assessing user needs and finding the matching tools within the SharePoint365 environment.
- Providing training, support and documentation to users for the SharePoint 365 environment.
- Provide troubleshooting and bug fixes for SharePoint 365 environment.
- Collaborate with the SharePoint governance council on structural and technological changes and represent the user’s voice on the governance council.
- Collaborate with our Technology Infrastructure team to keep the SharePoint environment up to date and act as liaison between the user base and other IT staff.
- Work with users to migrate their shared files into the 365 environment off of other cloud based software (eg.g. Dropbox, Google drive), and advocate for the need to use EDF-managed tools.
- Design, create, and organize site collections that support efficient business process workflows. This includes participating in user interface design.
- Work with business users and managers to document and analyze workflows that will be automated in SharePoint. Use that information to create requirements documents for SharePoint solutions.
- Work with the Help Desk team to identify and resolve pain points and issues around SharePoint, OneDrive, and other Microsoft 365 products.
- Participate in advancing EDF diversity, equity, and inclusion goals so that people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Experience writing requirements documents.
- Experience with onboarding new users to a platform.
- Ability to translate a platform’s abilities to the end user in a way they easily understand.
- Experience working with SharePoint as an administrator, designer, or developer.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office.
- User interface design experience.
- User-centered approach.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Curiosity about platforms and a desire to “dig in” and become a platform SME.
- Creative problem solving.
- Document management & Information organization experience a plus.
- Attention to detail.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 11, 2022 17:58 UTC
Last updated: Friday, March 11, 2022 17:58 UTC