The adjunct librarian, working closely with the full-time librarians, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of electronic resources at both campus libraries.
- Overseeing the selection and purchasing of electronic resources, including but not limited to e-books, e-serials, databases and streaming video.
- Communicating inclusively, with cultural sensitivity and be approachable in verbal, written, and non-verbal communications.
- Creating and maintaining best practices for discoverability and accessibility of Library resources to improve electronic resource access, usability, and accessibility workflows and processes.
- Providing support to Library faculty and staff and patrons, as appropriate, to resolve e-resource access and discovery problems.
- Resolving discoverability and accessibility issues or referring issues to the Systems Librarian.
- Using Alma/Primo and user authentication platforms, such as EZProxy.
- Inspiring friendly customer service and modelling exemplary customer care in all interactions--including in-person and online.
- Providing basic demonstration/instruction to faculty and staff in usage of electronic resources.
- Seeking feedback from Library faculty and staff to regularly improve electronic resource system functionality.
- Compiling usage statistics and conducting user satisfaction surveys
How to apply
If you have questions about the position please email me (Jeff) at email@example.com.
Published: Thursday, February 17, 2022 16:02 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, February 17, 2022 16:02 UTC