The Discovery & Integrated Library Systems Administrator is an experienced, service-oriented professional responsible for the administration and support of core function Library Applications and integrations. Partnering with library stakeholders and technologists, the Discovery & Integrated Library Systems Administrator serves as the technical lead for the Library’s collection management, electronic resource and discovery systems, primarily Ex Libris’ Alma/Primo and EZproxy. The individual in this position possesses strong analytical, technical, troubleshooting and communication skills supporting an array of library applications and workflows. This position also actively works with campus service providers and colleagues across the Libraries to support patron accounts, electronic resource access, and security issues, ensuring continued access to library services and resources to all Purdue users. The Discovery & Integrated Library Systems Administrator is familiar with core library systems related to essential library functions and possesses the ability to leverage, integrate and build upon them using APIs to meet emerging needs. The Discovery & Integrated Library Systems Administrator reports to the Head, Acquisitions and Discovery.
Cover letter is required to be considered for this position. Cover letter must include your interest in and qualifications for the position, as well as your past experiences, current interests and activities, and/or goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of experience with integrated library management and/or discovery system support, preferably in an academic library
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience (Associate’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience)
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with integrated library management and discovery systems, preferably Ex Libris’ library solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems (e.g. ILLiad, EZproxy)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices
- Working knowledge of current trends, practices, and procedures related to access, discovery, acquisitions, metadata, and fulfillment services operations
- Familiarity with library metadata standards
- Understanding of and experience with library technology standards and current access services protocols to access and retrieve online content (e.g. Z39.50, OpenURL, NCIP, DOI, OAI, etc.)
- Working knowledge of server-side scripting and programming languages such as PHP, Python or like programs/languages
- Working knowledge of database systems such as MySQL and knowledge and use of Structured Query Language (SQL) or GUI based analytics tools
- Experience administering authentication methods (EZproxy, SAML, Shibboleth)
- Demonstrated experience with using APIs and web services for integration and data retrieval
- Solid record of working collaboratively as well as independently.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, including planning, communication, and assessment
- Strong commitment to innovative, user-centered service and learning.
- Certification as an Alma/Primo Administrator
- Due to Purdue's Winter Recess, applications will not be reviewed until after we return on January 3, 2022
- Remote and hybrid work options are available for this position
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more visit: https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits visit: https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Published: Thursday, December 16, 2021 17:15 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, December 16, 2021 17:15 UTC