The Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons at the Wentworth Institute of Technology seeks an experienced and collaborative Systems & Digital Services Librarian. The position develops and implements technologies and services that enhance the user experience and user access to online library resources and technologies. The Systems & Digital Services Librarian is a tech-savvy professional who would report to the Director of the Library.
* Providing technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards.
* Managing, developing, and supporting the library website, including content strategy, information architecture, and web style/accessibility guidelines.
* Configuring and supporting library digital collections applications.
* Collaborating with Access Services on the configuration and support of e-resource services and platforms.
* Recommending hardware and software to support library services and initiatives and managing installation and maintenance.
* Collaborating with managers of the Technology Sandbox (a makerspace housed in the Library) to support hardware and technologies housed in the space.
In addition, the incumbent will participate in library planning and serve on library-wide committees, task-forces, and project teams as required. The position collaborates closely with the Fenway Library Organization (FLO) consortium and with the Division of Technology Services (DTS) on technology initiatives.
Inclusive Excellence at Wentworth:
Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all University programs and activities. The University does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
To find out more about the Wentworth’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit the website https://wit.edu/about/diversity .
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.wit.edu/postings/5703
All applicants have the right to accessibility support and accommodations. To request accessibility support or accommodations, contact the Executive Director of Equity and Compliance, Catlin Wells, at email@example.com.
Wentworth Institute of Technology is a nationally ranked 4-year university which focuses on an interdisciplinary curriculum that combines rigorous studies with practical learning experiences. Academic programs include engineering, design, architecture, construction management and computer science. Wentworth also grants master’s degrees in architecture, engineering, construction management, technology management, and others. For some programs, students can earn their degrees online and in hybrid environments, and library services are expected to be delivered to remote students and faculty at the same level of quality and priority as services which are delivered in-house. The Systems & Digital Services Librarian will be expected to function independently, take initiative, and set goals and priorities in a dynamic environment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Last updated: Monday, November 22, 2021 15:55 UTC