Position Title: Systems Analyst
Job Group: Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants may not need to meet all the preferred requirements to be a successful candidate.
- Bachelor's degree in computer and information technology or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Linux Systems Administration, Windows Server, and Active Directory.
- Experience working with databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.).
- Ability to plan, coordinate, manage, and monitor multiple projects.
- Ability and interest to engage in and contribute to the library's ongoing DEI efforts.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with diverse groups inside and outside of the organization.
Iowa State University Library is currently seeking applicants for a Systems Analyst (I or II) to join the infrastructure support team within our information technology department. This position manages the library's computing infrastructure, including networking, cloud technologies, web hosting, database administration, digital preservation, storage management, backup solutions, virtualization environments, and server operating systems. This position will work in close collaboration with the university's central IT unit and external vendors. It will consist of planning, monitoring, maintaining, and improving the library's physical and virtual infrastructure to provide our patrons with innovative and reliable services.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Build, configure, and document IT infrastructure.
Establish and develop library technology strategy and roadmap in consultation with library leadership, stakeholders, and the university's central IT unit.
Collaborate with central IT unit to ensure proper implementation and management of physical and virtual infrastructures, security policies, and authentication/authorization procedures.
Provide Windows and Linux systems administration support.
Manage database infrastructure to support various functions, such as web content management, along with infrastructure monitoring and management.
Support the implementation of appropriate storage strategy and environments for digital repositories, preservation, and access, and monitor storage environments.
Identify opportunities for service improvement and automation.
Appointment Type: Regular
Number of Months Employed Per Year: 12 Month Work Period
Time Type: Full time
Visit https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IowaStateJobs/job/Systems-Analyst_R6215. To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
Original Posting Date: September 22, 2021
Job Requisition Number: R6215
Published: Monday, September 27, 2021 19:36 UTC
Last updated: Monday, September 27, 2021 19:36 UTC