PHP Web Developer
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most essential responsibilities include promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
We, the Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, are looking for you, an excellent PHP Web Software Developer.
A little about us: The Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is known as one of the top economic research institutions in the world. Providing access to data, educating the public, and partnering with data providers is an essential part of the mission of the Economic Research Division and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
A little about you: As our PHP Web Software Developer, you will report to our Research Officer and work within the agile team responsible for developing and maintaining many of our Research websites (e.g. Research homepage, FRASER, Federal Reserve History, Fed in Print).
- Write automated tests such as unit, acceptance, and integration tests to ensure high quality code.
- Develop SQL and No SQL database schemas and write code to work with databases.
- Work with Architect to design and implement AWS cloud native solutions using technologies such as AWS S3, SNS, SES, SQS, and ElasticBeanstalk.
- Perform code review on peer’s code.
- Deploy code to production servers using a CI/CD pipeline using Gitlab and AWS ECR.
- Participate in an agile development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or commensurate experience
- 1-5 years’ experience with open source web application development with a combination of the following:
- Experience using Git or other source control for code management.
- Knowledge of OWASP and other web security best practices.
- Experience with modern web development technologies such as REACT, ES6, Responsive Design.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud solutions.
- Object orientated design skills
- Knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
- Candidates with less experience may be hired at a lower job grade or salary
- Travel (5%)
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Feel free to contact Matt Krc (Matthew.Krc [at] stls.frb.org) with any questions about the job.
Published: Thursday, July 29, 2021 18:55 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, July 29, 2021 18:55 UTC