I am very excited to share this opportunity. We have a great team here at Brown, and we're looking for someone to join us in this key position. Let me know (off-list) if you have any questions.
*Digital Repository Manager*
The Brown University Library seeks an energetic and innovative individual for the newly created position of Digital Repository Manager. The Digital Repository Manager will oversee the development of the Brown Digital Repository (BDR), a Fedora Commons-based initiative that is a locus for digital objects that support scholarly work at Brown. S/he will supervise the Digital Repository Programmer and will manage and contribute to collaborative development efforts to deliver critical repository services for the University. S/he will work with librarians in the Scholarly Resources group to establish data ingestion, curation, and publication practices in support of research across the disciplines, including new forms of user controlled information management. Along with colleagues in the Library’s Center for Digital Scholarship, the Digital Repository Manager will explore and implement new technologies that enable scholars to interact more effectively with digital materials. Additionally, the Digital Repository Manager will develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, and will enact plans for assessing and promoting the use of the repository.
S/he is expected to maintain a keen awareness of trends in institutional repositories, and will pursue opportunities for enhancing repository services through the adoption of new technologies, linked data practices, funded projects, and partnerships. The successful candidate will use his/her knowledge of project management methodologies to prioritize and address the many tasks associated with supporting digital library collections, scholarly projects, exhibits, faculty publications, student work, multimedia, and scientific data. As needed, the manager will participate in software development projects and will ensure that all code and API documentation is current and accurate. The Digital Repository Manager reports to the Director of Digital Technologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in library/information science, data curation, computer science, or related fields preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years increasingly responsible, substantive positions developing, planning, and successfully implementing technology services. Academic library experience preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of digital library standards (METS, MODS, etc.), data standards (TEI, media formats, etc.) and Semantic Web technologies.
· Experience with developing digital repository systems housing a variety of data types.
· Experience with Python or Java.
· Awareness of current issues in scholarly communications (e.g. Open Access, licensing, etc.).
· Familiarity with best practices, standards, and trends in the application of technology in libraries.
· Ability to thrive in an environment of change and to foster that capacity in others.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the University.
To apply, go to http://careers.brown.edu and search for (job number: B01293).
-- Andrew Ashton Director of Digital Technologies Brown University Library
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC