The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Web Developer to join our Information Technology Services team. In collaboration with a team member focused on front-end graphic design, this position is tasked with turning designs and ideas into an interactive and engaging web experience for library users. The ideal candidate will excel at developing useful, intuitive back-end functionality as well as maintaining the Library’s app. A portion of the scheduled work hours may be done remotely. If you love working in IT and public libraries, this position is for you! Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Develops strategies for managing and directly manages the organization of the library’s public websites to effectively promote library services and provide access to library-related resources by creating and maintaining website content, applications, and site structure.
- Organizes and coordinates in-house web resources (Intranet) for staff.
- Designs templates and modules for Content Management Systems (CMS) to facilitate timely updates by staff. Supplies documentation to support staff updates. Works with individuals and committees to make available internally developed content on library web pages.
- Coordinates projects with appropriate staff that highlight specialized resources in the library.
- Assesses new standards, technologies and trends, and formulates plans for enhancing the web site.
- Proven experience in web programming and application development
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and creative problem solving skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and communicate effectively while juggling multiple projects with various stakeholders.
- Ability to learn rapidly and apply new skills quickly
- Familiarity and experience with relational databases (MySQL and MS SQL preferred) and web servers (nginx and IIS preferred)
- Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to web development.
- Familiarity with Joomla! and Linux is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
Compensation and Benefits: The starting hourly rate is $22.64 per hour. A full benefit package is offered that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7, 2021.
The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Last updated: Thursday, June 24, 2021 14:17 UTC