Project assistant digital archives SCALA
SCALA is a joint project of nine heritage institutions in Flanders and Brussels, who are developing a system for the long-term preservation of born-digital archives with historical value. SCALA is conceived as a proof of concept of a shared preservation system. This e-repository stores archives in generic digital archive containers (information packages) according to the OAIS model and the new European standard E-ARK. It is open source and developed by an external IT vendor.
SCALA is a project that runs in two phases. You will be recruited within phase 1 that runs until April 30, 2022.
Place of employment is the Flanders Architecture Institute in Antwerp, which is in charge of the overall project coordination. The other SCALA partner organizations are ADVN, Amsab-ISG, AMVB, Archiefpunt, AVG-Carhif, CAVA, Letterenhuis and meemoo. All partners are represented in the SCALA steering committee.
Start of employment: immediately available as of 1 July 2021 or earlier
As SCALA's project assistant you play an important role in the implementation of SCALA. You support the project leader and the project team and are an intermediary between all partners. You closely monitor the development and evaluation of the e-repository and take care of manuals, guidance, documentation and project communication:
- You read up on the first version of the specification for the information package (IP) and on various aspects of digital archiving
- You support the project team during the development phase of the e-repository: You take part in development meetings with the supplier, participate in the functional testing of the system, check the documentation and give feedback
- You contribute to the further development of the IP specification and create a manual
- Together with the project team, you work out a training course for the use of the developed system and you support the SCALA partners in its use and testing. You collect all findings in a report
- You keep the overview of all work packages and support the project leader in the general project management
- You take care of the final reporting and the external communication
- You have a bachelor or master degree
- You can work in a planned way and have a strong organisational talent
- You are communicative and proactive
- You are a good writer
- You have had your first experience of IT-related projects
- You are interested in IT and digital archiving or are willing to learn more about it
We offer you a part-time (4/5) job in a stimulating work environment for 10 months and a salary in accordance with the scales in the socio-cultural sector (PC 329.01).
Send your cover letter + CV to Wim Lowet, consultant digital archive, email@example.com.
You can apply until May 30, 2021.
Last updated: Thursday, May 6, 2021 14:49 UTC