The Collections Catalog Systems Administrator is responsible for managing use, implementation and development of the library, archives, and museum collections catalog software, data, and information for the Ohio History Connection. The Administrator will report to the Manager of Digital Services and lend their expertise for planning and supporting catalog and discovery services. Additionally, they will work collaboratively with other managers and team members to contribute to projects in support of the organization's strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the library, archives and museum catalogs, including maintenance, development, statistical reporting, and procedural documentation
- Manage relationships with catalog software vendors
- Develop and maintain custom public user interface for all catalogs, including integrated discovery layer
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to appropriately implement coordinated cataloging efforts across the organization, including managing and communicating priorities and expectations
- Increase information access and use by the general public through data integration across catalogs, data sources and other web platforms
- Work collaboratively with other departments to develop and implement efficiencies in technology use and workflow related to batch loads, data normalization and other bibliographic maintenance
- Performs analysis and manipulation of metadata utilizing one or more of the following: MarcEdit, OpenRefine, Python, XSLT, etc.
- Supports initiatives to improve metadata to reflect inclusive, socially-just terminology
How to apply
Published: Friday, April 30, 2021 20:33 UTC
Last updated: Friday, April 30, 2021 20:33 UTC