Document Management Officer
Office location: Basel
Department: General Secretariat
Unit: Information Management Services
Service: Information & Collaboration
Employment - Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 09/12/2012
Purpose of the job: The Document Management Officer works in the Records and Archives team, under the supervision of the Document Management Supervisor. The job holder shares operational responsibility for centralised records and archives management at the BIS, working in line with applicable policies and to the highest professional standards. In addition, the job holder has primary responsibility for specific tasks in the areas of quality assurance and work process improvement.
• Ensure the timely processing (registration, scanning, distribution, filing) of all incoming and outgoing correspondence (mail, fax, e-mail), as well as defined internal records, in line with applicable policies and using the Bank’s electronic document management system;
• Maintain the Bank’s paper and electronic files securely and in good order, ensuring that they can be searched and accessed in line with applicable regulations and restrictions;
• Ensure that all internal enquiries regarding mail and records processing are dealt with promptly, including document retrieval on request;
• Take primary responsibility for specific Records and Document Management tasks (eg deletion of obsolete records), and perform a quality assurance function in the area of records processing and archiving;
• Liaise with the technical support services on issues related to the tools and systems used in Records & Archives;
• Help realize efficiency gains by continuously reviewing and updating work processes in the Records and Document Management areas;
• Work closely together with the Archives team in Records & Archives on all relevant issues, including archives research and visitor support;
• Actively participate in unit- and bankwide project work.
• A good level of general education: Matura, Banking and/or commercial education.
• An excellent team player who demonstrates initiative and has good communicative and interpersonal skills;
• Absolute discretion in treating restricted and confidential information;
• A hands-on and practical approach;
• A sound understanding of information management and office collaboration needs;
• Experience in working with and administration of computer applications, including an electronic document management system and automated scanning;
• Prepared to work shift hours and occasional overtime if required;
• Proficiency in English and a good knowledge of German. Additional knowledge of another of the BIS’s working languages (French, Italian, Spanish) a plus.
• At least 3 years job experience in a Registry or records/archives management function.
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. Due to our status as an international organisation we are in the privileged position to be able to recruit any nationality.
To apply, go to: http://www.bis.org/careers/vacancies.htm
Source: International Archives
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC