The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for web technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners. Additionally, a successful candidate will demonstrate collegiality, an appreciation for diversity, and the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Digital Services Librarian, you will:
- Manage the design, maintenance, and support of the library's website
- Explore technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
- Manage the library’s suite of Springshare products
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program, or a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with MODx Revolution, OmniUpdate, or similar web content management system
- Knowledge of interface design standards, information architecture, usability testing, and web accessibility standards
- Experience using APIs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Ability to meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service
- Experience with Springshare Products
- Experience working in a library or higher education environment
- Familiarity with web analytics software, such as Google Analytics
- Experience with learning management systems, such as Canvas
- Experience working with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
- Experience with LAMP environments
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply. Each organization has a unique culture. To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her expectations for OSU Libraries leaders: https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position and benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://jobs.okstate.edu.
Last updated: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 19:52 UTC