IT Support Analyst (ITS)
As a part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department within the MIT Libraries, the IT Support Analyst plays a key role in delivering IT support and services to MIT Libraries’ staff, and to the end users of the Libraries’ technology platform. The IT Support Analyst is responsible for delivering technology solutions in support of audiovisual systems, hardware devices, and a wide range of software applications, through the use of Jira Service Desk, documentation and knowledge management, vendor coordination, and continuous service improvement.
• Planning, setting-up, configuring, and maintaining audiovisual equipment and associated technology within labs, classrooms, and shared spaces.
• Serving as a point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users for audiovisual equipment, hardware, and software, troubleshooting and escalating issues appropriately.
• Monitoring the status of incidents and service requests within Jira Service Desk, and communicating progress on service responses in a timely manner.
• Performing Jira Service Desk application configuration and customization tasks as appropriate; coordinating with both internal and external resources on evaluation of new functionality and integration with additional Atlassian products.
• Working with process owners to identify requirements for IT knowledge management, refining business and technical process documentation, and translating documented processes into technical requirements.
• Partnering with external vendors and partner teams to assist with root cause analysis, problem management, and ensuring efficient operations within the MIT Libraries.
• Assessing the need for new solutions and services, and finding opportunities to build supportable, sustainable and scalable solutions where possible based on ITSM best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 5 years experience supporting users in hybrid Windows and Mac environments.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated experience creating and using technical documentation, user manuals, and guides.
• Must be comfortable working in a varied, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Experience supporting audiovisual systems, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Passion for and commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability to bend, lift and move computer and printer equipment.
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL best practices including: incident management, change management, request management, knowledge management, request management, and configuration management.
• Experience with Jira Service Desk, insight, and Confluence.
• Experience documenting IT processes, policies, and procedures, as well as supporting the overall scope, quality and effectiveness of the documentation as it evolves.
• Experience working within (and consistently meeting) the requirements of service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• Experience working on projects, either as a team member or a team lead.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $65,125 minimum salary; Actual salary will depend on qualifications and experience. MIT offers excellent benefits including a choice of health and retirement plans, a dental plan, tuition assistance, and fully subsidized MBTA passes for local bus and subway service. Flexible work arrangements, including flex-time and telecommuting, are considered for positions that meet established criteria. The MIT Libraries is a collegial and supportive working environment and fosters professional growth of staff with management training and travel funding for professional meetings
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply online at: https://hr.mit.edu/careers applications must include cover letter and resume. Priority will be given to applications received December 4th, 2020; position open until filled. MIT is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community and particularly encourages applications from qualified women and minority candidates. Professionals who enthusiastically embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 18:11 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 18:11 UTC