LAC Group is seeking a Remote Technical Writer for a project outlining metadata and cataloging standards and procedures for a world-renowned media/entertainment organization. The Technical Writer will be responsible for designing and drafting a comprehensive cataloging manual that outlines all processes and standards for metadata compliance that will be used to train catalogers, system users and support consistency within metadata standards. This will be an ongoing full-time position and will be remote anywhere in the US or Canada and will continue for up to 6 months.
- Lead internal discovery and documentation to create and deliver a current state, user friendly, cataloging manual. This will be a dynamic process with multiple drafts over the project timeline leading to an agreed-upon FINAL master for delivery.
- Create, define and deliver details on the process and standards an image cataloger adheres to including best practices for keywording, image description, responsibilities/verifications, and how/where to locate related information and documentation
- Capture, refine and include any in scope supporting documentation on related aspects of the cataloging process, schema standards, workflow, process, etc.
- Support cataloger and user training on the effective application of metadata and the on-going adherence to established standards
- Refine protocols and punch list of procedures for content element review
- Define and document metadata management tools and workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required. An MLIS or Master’s Degree in a similar area is strongly preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in technical writing. Experience in library science, media or archiving environment is strongly preferred.
Published: Thursday, October 1, 2020 22:03 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 1, 2020 22:03 UTC