The University of Pittsburgh University Library System (ULS) is seeking an enthusiastic and talented key contributor to the growth, development, and enhancement of a large ecosystem of digital repositories for scholarly content.
This is a high-level, regular, fulltime software developer position reporting to the Director of Information Technology in the University Library System. At various times the Software Developer will perform in all areas of systems analysis, system design, needs assessment, software development, interface design and development, software support, and resource planning for numerous electronic publishing and library-related applications.
The Software Developer will also work on data import/export processes and data transformations to move data between disparate systems.The incumbent will be responsible for communication with staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders through working groups, committees, and special interest groups both within and external to the university. The incumbent must quickly learn new concepts, manage tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines, and possess excellent communication skills. The incumbent must be a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team-player.
• M.S. in Computer or Information Science or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in system/application development.
• Demonstrated experience in administration using a LAMP stack (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP/PERL) environment.
• Proficiency with Object Oriented Programing using PHP, Perl, C, Java, and Apache Web Server
• Proficiency with SQL, relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL).
• Proficiency with XML and various metadata standards; experience in XML transformations preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
• Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team-player.
• Flexibility and drive to handle the variety of responsibilities and the demands of currency in this rapidly evolving field.
• May be on call for system support during evening/weekend hours.
How to apply
Published: Friday, April 3, 2020 17:10 UTC
Last updated: Friday, April 3, 2020 17:10 UTC