This experienced level developer/analyst position supports the University’s enterprise information systems by planning for, designing, and implementing both new systems and significant enhancements to existing systems; providing the big picture understanding and technical expertise necessary to implement system architectures in the CSU environment; assessing these systems for acceptable functional and technical performance; analyzing problems to determine appropriate resolutions; researching emerging computer hardware and software technologies to determine their applicability to current and future systems; providing system modification and enhancement plans, analysis, programs and documentation; and providing expert advice to Information Systems (IS) Department management staff and stakeholders in functional areas. This position could serve on any of several Information Systems’ Teams. Must be a team player, analytical thinker, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and independently in carrying out assignments.
Required Job Qualifications
- This is an experienced-level developer analyst position and requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, plus at least 3 years of application development experience.
- Previous experience using SQL in an Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, or other large-scale relational database environment.
- Previous application development experience using Java, Grails, C#, .NET, or other object-oriented programming (OOP) language(s).
- Excellent written communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications
The following preferred qualifications represent many of the technical skills applied by teams in the Information Systems department. While these are desirable, there is recognition that many candidates will possess only a subset of these preferred qualifications. We encourage any candidate having experience with any combination of the skills below to apply.
- Development platforms such as Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- API usage including RESTful architecture.
- DevOps methodologies such as Jenkins and Ansible.
- Knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Linux operating system and shell scripting
- Experience and understanding of J2EE runtime environments such as Apache Tomcat.
- Prior professional IT experience in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes.
- Prior application development experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Ellucian Banner Student Information System, Kuali Financial Management, or comparable ERP systems
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply here: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/76644
How to apply
Submitted by: aeiz
Published: Saturday, March 28, 2020 15:27 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 28, 2020 15:27 UTC