LAC Group is seeking a Registered Dietitian for the position of Technical Information Specialist to work on a food science research and reference team at a major Federal library in the Beltsville, MD area. The Specialist will be responsible for providing research and reference assistance to staff and the general public through a wide range of research techniques, methods, and sources that pertain to human nutrition and food science. This is an ongoing full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Work with numerous information technology resources and platforms including research and bibliographic databases, content management systems and more to help keep a nutrition-focused web portal up-to-date.
- Utilize drupal content management system to update numerous web pages.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (or in progress towards the degree)
- 1-2 years of experience using information technology platforms (content management systems, research databases, HTML, CSS); programming experience is a plus
- Bachelor or Masters in Food Science, Nutrition or related field
- Experience with providing outreach through social media
- Knowledge of research and reference techniques; ability to assist patrons in utilizing and interpreting resources
- Knowledge of social media, including writing for the web
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to express complex scientific ideas in clear, easy to understand the language
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 16, 2020 20:26 UTC
Last updated: Monday, March 16, 2020 20:26 UTC