DescriptionThe William Madison Randall Library at The University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) invites applications for the Coordinator of Discovery Services position. UNCW is a member institution of the University of North Carolina, a multi-campus university composed of all 17 of North Carolina's public institutions. UNCW is nationally recognized for its marine sciences teaching and research programs, and for its strengths in arts and sciences, business, education, and nursing. The University is situated on a beautiful arboretum campus located in an historic port city within five miles of the Atlantic Ocean and currently enrolls approximately 13,000 students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this position works in the Information Technology and Systems Division and coordinates the planning, management, development, implementation and continuous assessment of Randall Library’s web presence, ensuring that services provided meet users' information and research needs and expectations, enhance the user experience, and support the Library’s strategic plan.
Web Services: The Library's web/online presence provides the University with primary information discovery and access tools, which are becoming increasingly sophisticated. This position provides a wide range of expertise, guidance, and management of a variety of services and activities in this online arena, including but not limited to the following - -
- Development and maintenance of web services such as the Library's multi-faceted web site, online catalog, discovery layer, application development, and mobile and other device support;
- Assessment of user experience to ensure efficient and effective content discovery and access;
- Integration and maintenance of related library systems such as electronic reserves, interlibrary loan, electronic resource management, acquisitions, cataloging, campus portals;
- Evaluation of emerging technologies to provide the most appropriate discovery and access mechanisms;
- Support of internal communication and collaboration tools for an effective work environment for the Library faculty and staff of 50;
- Planning and management of projects that require the input, expertise, and efforts of supervised and non-supervised colleagues.
Published: Thursday, November 1, 2012 15:36 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC