DescriptionRecruitment Number 3861012
Washburn University invites applications for the position of Cataloging/Instructional Librarian. The University Libraries seek a creative and energetic librarian to assume a leadership role in its cataloging operations. The successful candidate also will play a direct role in the implementation of an expanding for-credit information literacy program within a team-oriented, teaching library environment. In addition, the successful candidate will serve as a subject liaison with responsibility for collection development in that area, and participates in the provision of research services to library users on-site and at a distance (some evening and/or weekend hours required). Finally, the successful candidate also will play a central role in the continued development of Washburn Libraries Institutional Repository.
· An ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent degree, with a demonstrated commitment to the library as a central institution within the life of the university
· A demonstrated interest in teaching, and a strong commitment to student learning and the application of technology in the effective design and delivery of instruction
· Familiarity with current trends, standards, and technologies in both cataloging and information literacy
· A strong service orientation, with effective interpersonal, oral, written and online communication skills
· The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse environment
· The necessary vision and leadership skills to position the Library to meet future needs
· A Subject Master's degree
· Familiarity in an Innovative Interfaces cataloging environment
· Experience in reference and library instruction or teaching experience
· Familiarity with course management systems
· Experience with assessment of student learning
Please note this is an entry-level position. Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a letter describing interest in the position and a vision for the future of Washburn University Libraries, at least three letters of reference and copies of transcripts. Review of applications begins November 16, 2012, and continues until the position is filled. Employment at Washburn University may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
Applications should be submitted to Mr. Keith Rocci, Chair, Cataloging/Instruction Search Committee Chair, either by regular mail (Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS, 66621) or electronically, preferably in PDF format, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, November 1, 2012 02:06 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC