Your tasks ...
- Conception, software development and testing of semi-automated information services with the help of existing knowledge bases as well as AI-based chatbots and language assistants.
- Data protection compliant integration with Smartphone and Smarthome applications, which should help to integrate econbiz.eu as an economic information platform into the everyday environments of our users.
- Development and testing of recommender systems on the basis of (anonymised) user profiles, content relations or related search queries.
- Although the planned developments will be partly experimental in character, the link back to the information systems of the ZBW has to be guaranteed at all times.
Your profile ...
- a university degree, i.e. a Master's (Uni or FH) or Diploma (Uni) degree in computer science, information technology or a related technical discipline with a focus on software development and statistical procedures
- Knowledge, experience or proven interests in chatbot architectures or at least one corresponding technology (text/speech recognition, NLP, ML/DL, knowledge databases, Q&A databases)
- Ability to work in a team and to cooperate, and above all the communicative, interdisciplinary and intercultural competence as well as the willingness to engage with various participants and interest groups.
- good knowledge of written and spoken German or good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Even better, but not mandatory, if you have…
- Knowledge of chatbot and/or virtual assistant applications and pilots in a library’s context,
- knowledge and experience in developing recommender systems,
- basic understanding of library applications and library information systems, as well as of workflows in a scientific library,
- basic interest in data protection, privacy issues and information rights,
- experience in software management and in the continuous integration of new or further developed components into operation, as well as in the automatization of build and deployment processes for updates,
- experience in collaborative software development and source code management, e.g. git-based; experience in software documentation,
- willingness to report continuously on development work and results in suitable media or at community events such as workshops or conferences.
The readiness for occasional daily business trips to / from the other ZBW location and for business trips in general is expected.
What we offer...
- Exciting opportunities in a dynamic and innovative environment in which cross-departmental teamwork, transparency, open innovation processes and continuous further training are indispensable,
- old-age provision for the public sector (VBL)
- a job at the firth of Kiel or at the inner Alster of Hamburg
- part-time employment (upon request)
- Equal opportunities and reconciliation of work and family life.
Do you feel addressed? Then take the next step now and apply online (identification number D1-02).
How to apply
Dr Timo Borst
Published: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 14:49 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 14:49 UTC