Research Environments Librarian
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University — Blacksburg
0 other recent jobs
Created: October 22, 2012
DescriptionReporting to the Associate Dean for Research and Informatics, the Research Environments Librarian will participate in University Libraries efforts to integrate the library, its services and resources, to Virginia Tech's research enterprise. Virginia Tech University Libraries is looking for a service oriented, energetic, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to work in a team-based environment to advance its strategic directions, goals, and objectives.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent advanced degree.
- Experience managing digital projects.
- Experience with DSpace, Fedora, or other repository software.
- Knowledge of metadata for digital curation.
- Familiarity with scholarly communication, information/data management policy issues, and semantic web technologies.
- Knowledge of trends in higher education.
- Excellent communication and project management skills; ability to set priorities and make deadlines.
- Background in computer science or experience with computational methods and techniques.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience with digital curation services.
- Experience with grantsmanship, including proposal development and grants administration.
- Record of professional involvement.
Published: Monday, October 22, 2012 18:15 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC