DescriptionColgate University Libraries seeks a creative and user-oriented librarian to serve as Instructional Design and Web Librarian. Reporting to the Chair, Reference and Instruction Department, this person will support the integration of instructional design and information technologies into library services, co-chair the Libraries' Web Committee, and participate in reference and instruction. She or he will be familiar with instructional design principles as they apply to the teaching and learning process and the Libraries' online presence, and with usability studies and assessment.
The successful candidate will collaborate with library colleagues, information technologists, and teaching faculty in a combined library and technology center with cutting edge technology.
Qualifications: An ALA-accredited master's degree and two years' experience or an equivalent master's degree and two years' experience working in an academic or research library setting. All librarians at Colgate are expected to lead and work in a collaborative environment, to possess a strong public service orientation, to communicate effectively, to manage projects efficiently, and to work some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
The successful candidate will possess the best combination of the following:
- Knowledge of and experience in applying instructional design theory and principles
- Experience with assessment, including usability studies
- Proficiency with one or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience in developing web applications, online tutorials, or digital learning objects
- Experience working in a content management system and familiarity with XHTML, XML, PHP, and relational databases
- Background in the humanities
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic or research library
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on national and local trends
- Additional information about Colgate University, the Colgate Libraries, and the full job description can be found at http://exlibris.colgate.edu/joinus.html
Colgate is a highly selective private liberal arts university located in Hamilton, NY, and is an EO/AA employer. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body further the university's educational mission. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with dual career considerations can find postings of other employment opportunities at http://www.upstatenyherc.org
Published: Saturday, October 20, 2012 17:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC