Our Infrastructure Engineering team is hiring an engineer to work collaboratively with to assist with building, selecting, maintaining, and monitoring the tools and services that make up our platform infrastructure. The Infrastructure Engineering team collaborates with departments across MIT to establish a strong foundation for the Libraries’ information platform, uniting IaaS, PaaS, DevOps methods, data pipelines and integrations, tooling for monitoring and optimization, Geographic Information System (GIS) infrastructure, cloud storage, and cloud computing into a cohesive whole.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work together with the team to move forward the vision of the library as a programmable environment, where our users not only find the information they need, they have the freedom to build new tools and services atop an open information platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with the design, building and deployment of cloud infrastructure.
- Perform operational services including optimization, monitoring, scaling, network and security configurations.
- Configure and deploy cloud-native applications in collaboration with the team.
· Performs other duties as assigned in line with the goals and vision of the MIT Libraries.
Who should apply?
An individual who is passionate about cloud and infrastructure technologies. They will also have:
● A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field.
● A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure services and solutions with knowledge of end-to-end cloud operations.
● Experience with networking and core internet protocols, cloud data security and containers.
● Experience working in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment
This team is also hiring an infrastructure engineering manager. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for each role may be considered for both opportunities.
MIT was named top 3rd large employer in MA by Forbes Magazine. Our comprehensive benefits package includes, 3-4 weeks of paid time off, 401K, Pension, and flexible work arrangements.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
MIT is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community and particularly welcomes applications from individuals who enthusiastically embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
About the MIT Libraries:
We envision a world where enduring, abundant, equitable, and meaningful access to information serves to empower and inspire humanity.
The MIT Libraries aspires to advance knowledge by providing a trusted foundation for the generation, dissemination, use, creative engagement with, and preservation of information, in support of the MIT mission and so that it can be brought to bear on the world’s great challenges and in the cause of social justice.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 21:18 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 21:18 UTC