Hours: 37.50 hours per week: Monday–Friday 9:00am–5:00pm
- Do you enjoy solving problems?
- Are you looking to join a small team of IT professionals working to provide high quality future facing solutions to the library world?
- Do you enjoy new technologies and have the desire to learn more?
The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) has an opening for an Application Developer beginning in September 2019. You will be joining a team of fun, creative, and dedicated co-workers who are committed to providing the best possible service to our 1,269 libraries of all types across a 27,000 square mile area and to making RAILS the best library system in the country.
We are looking for a qualified Application Developer to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
A great Application Developer has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language and the ability to learn new languages as the need arises. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset, and a keen eye for detail.
Your responsibilities will include
This position will have an initial focus on developing an iOS application to support RAILS delivery route tracking. Other RAILS activities requiring work related to designing, modifying, and adapting software may include but are not limited to customer relationship management; membership directory; continuing education calendar; back-end support for a variety of Drupal-based websites; help desk ticket systems; collection, tracking, and analysis of RAILS data.
- Design and develop software applications on mobile devices.
- Develop back-end internal web-based applications.
- Use system configurations and/or write code to extend functionality and customize look-and-feel.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. At least five years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience developing native iOS platforms: Swift, Objective-C, iOS SDK, and XCODE.
- Knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with Git version control, including web-based Git management tools such as GitHub, as well as the command line interface to Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services.
- Comfortable being the iOS developer on a cross-functional team.
- Ability and desire to communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences and prepare project documentation to support training and best practices.
- Professional iOS development experience.
- Experience with test-driven development and/or continuous integration.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience as a project manager.
What RAILS offers
- Competitive pay
- A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
- Opportunities for professional development and for participation in professional organizations
Application Deadline: Friday, September 13, 2019
To apply, send your resume with a cover letter with Applications Developer in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be based out of the Burr Ridge Service Center: 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.
Last updated: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 20:32 UTC