Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Department: IT Department
Reports To: Edwin Wolf 2nd Director
Job Type: Full-Time (35 hours)
Close: Open until filled
The Library Company of Philadelphia seeks a versatile and service-oriented Systems Manager to implement multiple strategic projects to improve the Library Company’s information systems.
The Systems Manager maintains organizational efficiency and security of all local systems including, but not limited to, the local area network (LAN), backup and storage infrastructure onsite and in the cloud, digital repository, integrated library system (ILS), online resources, office technologies, and event audio/visual hardware.
The Library Company has several projects pending in the next 3-5 years that will directly involve the Systems Manager, including:
- Migration to a new ILS
- Implementation of a circulation module
- Implementation of a new visitor registration system
- Implementation of Windows 365
- Integration of Salesforce and Quickbooks
- Review and evaluation of all Library Company systems
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and prioritizes long-term projects to ensure continuing compatibility and interoperability of systems
- Ensures consistency and sustainability of existing hardware and software by creating, maintaining, and communicating standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Ensures day-to-day operation of the library’s IT infrastructure such as its LAN networks, data backup, disaster mitigation, e-mail, remote connections, phones, servers and PCs
- Liaises with users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design and implementation, modifications or trouble shooting
- Works with library staff to ensure digital assets are secure, accessible, and meet accepted archival standards for long term stewardship
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies and best practices
- Degree in Computer Science, Library and Information Science, or a related field
- Project management certification, or experience with managing multiple projects
- 2+ years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of server architecture, business networks and security
- Experience with system migration projects
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems
- Strong communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of, or experience in, special collections or academic libraries
- Records management experience
This is a full-time (35 hour/week) exempt position. Some evening and weekend work is expected.
Must be able to work at a computer/desk for extended periods of time and lift up to 20lbs. Some bending and kneeling required. Job entails exposure to fragile, rare historic materials and occasional exposure to high levels of various allergens that sometimes accompany them, including but not limited to photographic chemicals, dry rot, mold, mites, and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Library Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 01:30 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 01:30 UTC