The Ohio Genealogical Society is excited to announce that we are now taking applications for a Digital Librarian which will be a full-time position within the organization. The Ohio Genealogical Society is focused on protecting and sharing Ohio’s family history resources, developing engaging educational opportunities, and connecting genealogists.
Purpose of the Job: Under the general guidance of the OGS Library Director, this position is responsible for leading and supervising a team of staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the OGS Library Director in orienting, coaching, managing and evaluating assigned team.
- Work with professional web development vendor in the creation of a new website design for OGS
- Maintain the Ohio Genealogical Society website
- Manage digital projects.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the OGS Library in the absence of the director
- Trains staff, volunteers, board members, and customers/researchers onsite at the OGS Library and remotely.
- Masters of Library Science Degree from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent education/training in digital imaging, hardware and software, web site maintenance, including familiarity with content management software and metadata standards.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot OGS library technology systems including personal computer software programs and other job related equipment.
- Must be able to perform duties offsite. Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
- Act with the customers/researchers in mind using information gained from interacting with customers/researchers.
Interested parties should send a cover letter along with their resume and references to Thomas S. Neel, Library Director (email@example.com) by July 15, 2019.
The Ohio Genealogical Society uniquely creates a network of Ohio expertise that lets genealogists discover their families, so they feel personally enriched and confident in their results.
Last updated: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 17:37 UTC