Reference Number: 19-968-08-040
Closing Date: May 29, 2019
Who Can Apply: Canadian Citizens
Salary Range: $78,800 - $95,870
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (CBB/CBB)
- Manage projects as assigned, including definition of purpose and scope of project, creation of a project team, organization and management of project tasks, and reporting to management and project client.
- Participate on project teams within operational branches, coordinating contextual open source research and awareness services, in collaboration with Information Centre colleagues.
- Conduct effective reference interviews, analyse and interpret information and research requests, in order to determine the exact nature of the information requirement, and appropriate search strategies and sources for responding to the requirement.
- Conduct research exploiting a wide variety of information sources, using diverse and complex search strategies and protocols.
- Evaluate results of research in order to determine the relevance of retrieval to the information requirement, the necessity to follow-up on new information uncovered, or to revise strategy to look for related information.
- Design customized reports for requesters, providing analysis of contents, highlighting possible biases, unique information, and key findings.
- Design and deliver educational workshops, aimed at facilitating informed and resource-effective use of open information resources and services by Service employees.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of Service interests and priorities, through various means, including ongoing liaison with Service colleagues and contribute to Research unit planning, and participate in Information Centre promotional programs.
Masters degree in Library Studies and four (4) years of experience
Underfill Level 7
Masters degree in Library Studies and three (3) years of experience
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
The successful applicant will need to follow a developmental plan in order to reach the full level of the position. Hence, the successful applicant will initially be appointed to the position as a level 07 ( $69,350 - $84,360), until they reach the full-working level where they will qualify for the level 08 ( $78,800 - $95,870) position. Inability to meet the objectives of the developmental plan will result in the employee staying at the level 07.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Experience working as a systems librarian/information specialist in a library/records management/information centre environment.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in managing integrated library systems.
- Experience in database configuration, developing and customizing web based interfaces, troubleshooting and enhancing system capabilities and/or writing scripts for data retrieval and presentation.
- Experience in project management and/or serving as part of specialized project teams.
- Experience providing advice to management, colleagues, and clients.
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational – Multitasking Skills
Conditions of Employment
Upon appointment, an employee shall remain in their new position for two (2) years.
Candidates must be willing and able to work overtime as required
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency based interview.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Last updated: Monday, May 13, 2019 18:08 UTC
How to apply
Please visit web page to apply online.
Published: Monday, May 13, 2019 18:08 UTC