The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek an energetic, creative, and knowledgeable Application Administrator/Developer for Library Systems. The successful candidate will be a domain expert for the management of multiple proprietary and open source/community-developed library applications, including systems that support interlibrary loan, electronic reserves, proxy, archives, special collections, and institutional repository services. The position is responsible for administering, developing, integrating, deploying, and maintaining production-level library technology services that are robust, high-quality, and reliable, and meet the needs of library patrons and the University. The external services are primarily complex applications that are available to the campus community, and the internal services support library operations.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain both proprietary and open source software with varying levels of external support
- Work with library faculty and staff to select, test, and evaluate a variety of applications to fulfill library-specific services and workflows
- Collaborate with other library departments in planning, supporting, and managing technology-based services, such as the Ares electronic reserves management system, ILLiad resource sharing management system, EZproxy proxy server, ArchivesSpace archives information management system, Solr search platform, Hydra/Hyrax repository system, and Arclight digital media search software
- Configure and modify a variety of open source software to customize functionality in order to meet a variety of particular librarian and end-user needs
- Continually evaluate, maintain, and restructure existing systems to streamline infrastructure, reduce support needs when possible, and ensure sustainability
- Envision and design systems that span multiple interoperable applications and function as networks in order to simplify user access to resources
- Learn and adapt to prevailing best practices in library technology
- Monitor Help Desk tickets for the assigned applications to ensure timely completion and communication of problems
- Share with other Library Systems professional staff night / weekend / holiday responsibility for restoring library systems and services to normal working conditions when they become inoperative
The successful candidate will fulfill an important partnership role within the University Libraries and participate in University-wide initiatives, such as an institutional repository; be professionally active; and perform other duties, such as committee service. The Application Administrator/Developer reports to the Head of Library Systems and all work will be performed on site.
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=109117
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, NY, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.
Published: Monday, May 6, 2019 15:04 UTC
Last updated: Monday, May 6, 2019 15:04 UTC