This application period for this position will close on Monday, April 22, 2019.
Clemson University Libraries seeks a Web Developer to manage the Libraries’ external and internal websites and work with colleagues and stakeholders to cultivate the strategic goals, policies, and procedures for the Libraries’ overall web presence. This position will provide administrative and technical management of all Libraries’ websites and interact with a wide variety of constituents—including faculty, staff, and students—to provide web and application development and evaluate user needs. The Web Developer will work closely with content creators to organize content in a meaningful way and keep online material updated. Candidates selected for an in-person interview will be required to give a short presentation.
- Manages all internal and external websites for the Libraries, which includes: routine content and user management; plugin and application updates; managing controlled vocabularies for content classes and types; and scheduling backups. Manages the migration of content from legacy web sites and systems into WordPress. Installs, tests, implements, and develops WordPress plugins and themes.
- Serves as Co-Chair of the Libraries’ Web Advisory Committee and actively engages in strategic planning for the Libraries’ overall web presence. Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for websites within overall goals and parameters established by senior management and endorsed by stakeholders. Designs consistent methodologies for the development of online resources.
- Performs web server and database administration tasks at a Unix/Linux shell command line, translates business needs and wants into web system designs, and works with others to build integration interfaces between web applications and other internal and external systems.
- Develops web applications to streamline or improve online services for the Libraries. Additional opportunities for software development outside of web development also exist for this position.
- Continually evaluates website and application needs via ongoing qualitative (e.g., usability studies) and quantitative (e.g., web analytics) assessment strategies.
- Regularly creates and maintains documentation. Provides training and technical support for content managers.
- Adheres to and complies with all university policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area, and 2 years of experience working in web development. Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-by-year basis.
- Background in UNIX/Linux server administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proactively seeks solutions for clients and constituents.
- Web development experience in a library environment.
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, C++, and database design.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Subversion, GitHub).
- Experience with Sass, task runners, and automated web testing.
- Background in designing and creating graphics and/or other media for websites.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Visit https://cujobs.clemson.edu/psc/ps/JOBS/EXT/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=104090&PostingSeq=1 (‘Web Developer’ Job ID #104090)
- Click the "Apply" button at the end of the job listing page
- Register for an account, fill out the application completely and attach cover letter and résumé documents.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 18:48 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 18:48 UTC