Temporary Remote / Telecommute
The Instructional Designer is a full-time, temporary, remote-friendly contract position. They will revise, create, and assess digital learning objects including tutorials, learning modules, and videos for inclusion on the library’s website, within learning management systems, and for use in conjunction with other library instruction efforts. The main project for this position will be the rebuilding of two existing tutorials to better reflect the library’s learning outcomes and pedagogical approaches, and to improve the functionality so that these tutorials have more engaging user interactions and functionality.
- Rebuild the Exploring Academic Integrity and Start Your Research tutorials to include more engaging user interactions, revise the content to better reflect the library’s information literacy learning outcomes, and to be SCORM compliant.
- Create short-form videos or interactive modules that can be embedded onto relevant web pages or used as alternatives to instruction.
- Create documentation and training material for upkeep, revisions, and creation of new digital learning objects.
- Coursework or professional experience in instructional design
- Coursework or experience with course authoring platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, or Articulate Storyline.
- Familiarity with website accessibility standards and Universal Design for Learning
- Diligent and fast learner with close attention to detail
- Enrolled in or completed an MLIS program or otherwise familiar with academic libraries and information literacy concepts
- Experience with one or more web authoring tools (Dreamweaver, Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience with SCORM standards
- Experience with Sakai, Canvas, or similar Course Management Systems
Last updated: Monday, February 11, 2019 21:03 UTC
How to apply
Rebecca Halpern, email@example.com
Published: Monday, February 11, 2019 21:03 UTC