Rutgers is seeking a Web Developer for the University Libraries. This position reports to the Manager, Library Systems Architecture & Development.
Among the key duties of this position:
• Ensures a positive experience for students, faculty, staff, and the public across four campuses (New Brunswick, Newark Camden, Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences) in navigating the Libraries’ complex web and discovery environment
• Work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including system administrators, librarians, developers, designers, content managers, and other staff.
• Accountable for developing and supporting the configuration and management of Rutgers University Libraries’ front-end websites.
We're looking for someone with:
• Experience implementing a website using an open source CMS platform (Drupal, WordPress, or similar)
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies as needed
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a commitment to customer service
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Understanding of accessibility and usability principles and standards
It would be great if you also have:
• Familiarity with drafting front-end project specifications, work plans and cost estimates preferred
• Experience with source code control (CVS, Git, Subversion) preferred
• Experience with relational databases
• Prior experience in an academic environment
Last updated: Friday, February 8, 2019 22:33 UTC