Library System Coordinator
UMass Amherst, the flagship campus of the University of Massachusetts system, sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, 90 miles from Boston and 175 miles from New York City. The campus provides a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
As a gateway to knowledge, the UMass Amherst Libraries are key partners in teaching, learning, and research at UMass Amherst and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Supporting freedom of inquiry, the Libraries foster a diverse and inclusive environment in which to engage with ideas and acquire the critical skills necessary for lifelong learning.
The UMass Amherst Libraries seek a dynamic and innovative Library System Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Library Technology and the Five Colleges Librarians Council through the Dean of Libraries, this position leads the management and ongoing utilization of the Five Colleges’ library software platform, related projects and auxiliary services. Working with the UMass Amherst Libraries DRMS Unit and Systems & Library Technology Services Department staff, the primary library system contact(s) at each of the member libraries, the FOLIO Implementation Team, and the Five Colleges functional committees, the Coordinator facilitates communication and project efforts among the libraries and within the shared FOLIO system. This includes maintaining common configuration tables, troubleshooting problem reports, writing custom reports, advising on workflow, coordinating software patches and upgrades, and providing training and documentation to library staff. This position serves as the information conduit between the FOLIO community and the Five Colleges Libraries, including advocacy, possible enhancements, special LSP-related projects, and auxiliary services. The incumbent is expected to maintain a broad and detailed mastery of FOLIO, interactions between FOLIO and other systems (including EBSCO Discovery), and other core applications while contributing to and advancing the collaborative vision of the Five Colleges Libraries
Example of Duties:
1. Oversees ongoing implementation of the Five College Library system (FOLIO). Working in consultation with the UMass Amherst Libraries DRMS Unit and Library Technology Services Department staff, the primary FOLIO contact(s) at each of the member libraries, the FOLIO Implementation Team and the other functional committees, formulates, disseminates, implements, administers and revises related policies and procedures as required.
2. Evaluates, recommends, and implements information technologies for continued improvement, maintenance, and administration of the FOLIO library system, related projects and auxiliary services, including:
· Coordinating installation and implementation of software upgrades and system enhancements; Maintaining and compiling data imports and exports;
· Testing of system parameters of all new functions and external connections (such as Z39.50, NCIP);
· Interactions between FOLIO and other systems like EDS, GOBI and local campus systems.
· Running management reports and other batch jobs;
· Creating and maintaining documentation and coordinating support and training for staff;
· Writing reports and supporting reporting applications; and,
· Working on special projects as necessary.
3. Coordinates communication and efforts of the FOLIO implementation team and other committees dealing with the specific functional aspects of the consortial library system.
4. Works collaboratively with the UMass Amherst Libraries DRMS Unit and Library Technology Services Department staff that provides software support for the Five Colleges library systems, related projects and auxiliary services.
5. Maintain current knowledge of trends and best practices as they impact academic libraries.
6. Participate in the Consortium’s assessment program by collecting, maintaining, and analyzing collection usage statistics for monthly reports as needed. Ensure transparency in sharing collection assessment activities to support data-driven decisions.
7. May be asked to represent the Five Colleges at appropriate, selected professional meetings and conferences.
8. Serve on internal and Five College library committees as needed.
9. Demonstrate, foster and cultivate a positive, proactive internal and external customer service culture amongst staff and student staff.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
11. Works a schedule that includes some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
RANK AND SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Librarian II salary floor is $60,000
Librarian III salary floor is $68,500
Apply online at http://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/496567/library-system-coordinator and submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information (phone and email) for three professional references by January 11, 2019 for priority consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is strongly committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. As part of a commitment to its own multicultural community, the Libraries seek an individual with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace University initiatives and aspirations. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Last updated: Thursday, November 29, 2018 20:57 UTC