Library Applications Manager
CW MARS has an opening for a Library Applications Manager. This is a full time, benefited position located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The Library Applications Manager manages the Library Applications department and provides leadership in the development of products, services and new technologies to optimize the use of the C/W MARS Integrated Library System (ILS) by member libraries. Holds the major responsibility for support of the library automation system software at member library locations. Supervises department activities and staff. Coordinates, develops and implements training programs as needed for member libraries and Central Site staff. Provides project management for in-house software development projects and monitors status of community development projects important to C/W MARS. Creates and posts ILS documentation in print and electronic formats. This position serves on the C/W MARS Management Team and performs other tasks consistent with level of responsibility.
Please see the full job description which is posted on our web site at: http://www.cwmars.org/content/employment-opportunities
ABOUT CW MARS:
CW MARS(Central Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing, Inc.) is a non-profit library consortium dedicated to resource sharing and providing access to information. We are a membership organization made up of about 150 public and academic libraries of all sizes that are located primarily in central and western Massachusetts. Our shared catalog contains more than 8.5 million physical items and ebooks.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of six years of experience at a non-profit library support organization (i.e. state library network, system, or agency).
- Six years’ public and/or academic library experience, with at least four years of progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of non-profit organizations and library automated networks/consortia strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with an Integrated Library System in multiple functional areas (circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reporting, etc.). Experience with MARC records and other metadata formats for print and online materials.
- Technical project management experience, especially with enterprise application software. Experience with open source software and community/team-based development is preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL preferred. Experience in Internet technologies, AsciiDoc and version control software desired.
- Strong management skills including the ability to foster collaboration and motivate staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills required.
- Solid organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy support oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems, and office productivity software.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Last updated: Friday, November 9, 2018 00:56 UTC
How to apply
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Library Applications Manager. Position is open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by December 1, 2018.
Published: Friday, November 9, 2018 00:56 UTC