Head, Library Information Technology, Florida Institute of Technology
The Florida Institute of Technology Library seeks a highly innovative and user-oriented individual to join the Evans Library as Head of Library Information Technology. The Head of Library IT will provide strategic direction, vision and technical expertise for the systems, technologies, and digital initiatives of the Library. This position will manage the operation of all library systems, including the Digital Scholarship Laboratory, and provide leadership in implementing innovative technologies that support experiential learning and emerging Library services.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and support of all library information systems and infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance and a superior experience for users.
- In collaboration with appropriate library liaisons develops relationships and collaborations between the Library and other campus communities to promote, implement, and support digital scholarship services.
- Advises Library leadership on current and emerging technologies that would advance the research, teaching, and digital initiatives at Evans Library.
Required Education and Experience
- ALA accredited MLIS or equivalent, or an advanced degree in a technology-related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in IT-related project management in a library setting, preferably an academic library.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of current library technologies, platforms, systems, and products that support information access and discovery.
- Understanding of enterprise library applications such as integrated library systems, discovery services, OpenURL resolvers, proxy services, and digital repositories, especially DSpace or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build effective partnerships.
The full position description and application instructions are available at:
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Last updated: Monday, September 24, 2018 22:14 UTC