Data Literacy Librarian
Purpose of Position
Responsible for working with Associate Library Director for Instruction and Information Literacy Services and Scholarly Communications Librarian to develop and maintain a data-related services and instruction to meet the needs of an emerging research university. Will provide consultative and instructional services for faculty, students, and staff in quantitative and qualitative data access and analysis, including use of software tools such as SPSS, SAS, NVivo, Stata, and R.
- Uses knowledge of data resources and tools to advise users in a range of disciplines regarding the use of data.
- Provides instruction and advice regarding statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, and NVIVO to students and researchers.
- Collaborates with faculty and instructors to create personalized, practical data literacy lessons.
- Combines knowledge of learning theories, expertise in data resources, and public speaking skills to create positive, productive learning experiences.
- Actively seeks new opportunities to implement data literacy instruction by networking with faculty, being well informed about degree plans, and keeping abreast of campus-wide initiatives.
- Supports the development of data literacy and numeracy skills, and liaises with instructors to promote and facilitate the use of data in their classes.
- Provides consultation, research support and instruction in the discovery and use of statistical and numerical data resources to the broad campus community.
- Collaborates with other librarians to facilitate access to data resources across the disciplines.
- Directly participates in the development and provision of Library services for access, use, manipulation, and management of qualitative and quantitative datasets.
- Maintains awareness of the services, infrastructure, and skills required to support the data needs of researchers in an academic setting.
- Complies with all State and University policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education Required: Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science
Significant coursework or demonstrable experience with statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, or NVIVO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently sit; use hands to feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly walk and stand for extended periods of time; and talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 15-20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Last updated: Monday, September 24, 2018 03:44 UTC
How to apply
Please refer to URL for more information to submit application materials.
Published: Monday, September 24, 2018 03:44 UTC