The Research Library at the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, DC, is hiring a Digital Initiatives Librarian (job posting and details on applying are here).
The Digital Initiatives Librarian will join a highly-motivated team of librarians committed to user needs and enhancing discovery, access, and delivery of library resources, data, and scholarly communications. The librarian will provide web-development and other technical expertise to maintain a portfolio of existing library projects. In addition, the Digital Initiatives Librarian will lead the way in actively identifying, evaluating, and, as necessary, deploying new technologies and tools to improve library services, further process automation, and respond to user needs. The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with technical and non-technical partners and stakeholders across the Board, and be able to work independently and in teams. The position requires rigorous attention to detail, initiative, the ability to manage competing projects, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and good communication and interpersonal skills.
The responsibilities and duties of the Digital Initiatives Librarian will include:
• Supporting the Research Library’s mission to develop technologies and tools that aid the research, policy, and data initiatives of the Board.
• Maintaining applications and automated workflows that support library services; may include use of APIs and web services.
• Developing innovative tools/applications to enhance accessibility of the library’s collections and services and automate tasks.
• Supporting the library’s metadata and taxonomy efforts, including future work with linked data and the semantic web.
• Advancing the library’s scholarly communications efforts (including an institutional repository, research visibility, and research impact tracking).
• Responsibility for work conducted by contractor on digital materials processing for repository and other systems.
• Assisting in the creation of metadata records for data assets.
• Producing clear, well-documented code.
For more details on qualifications and how to apply, please see the full job posting here. Feel free to share with any candidates who may be interested.
Last updated: Sunday, July 29, 2018 16:46 UTC