Information Technology Specialist
The Washington State University (WSU) Libraries invite applications for an Information Technology Specialist (III). Reporting to the Head of Systems and Technical Operations, this full-time position is located at Washington State University in Pullman, WA.
As an independent, proactive and customer service focused team member this position is the main desktop support resource for public computers in all Pullman campus libraries including: general desktop computing, specialized computing in the Dimensions Lab (2D and 3D computer graphics/animation software, virtual reality), Dimensions Studio (photogrammetry and 3D Scanning) and the Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation (hardware and software related to the recording and digitization of image and audio/visual material). This position will also have some responsibility to create and deliver training and documentation. Additionally, this position will provide software support, including programming to automate installation/update processes and to support other organizational needs. This specialist will work with Libraries employees and patrons to quickly and effectively resolve Systems help desk jobs.
Four years of information technology experience; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of software and hardware including motherboards, memory, hard drives, power supplies, monitors, scanners, and projectors.
- Demonstrated experience managing a classroom or computer lab environment that supports a wide range of technology (2D and 3D computer graphics and animation software, 3D printing, Photogrammetry, 3D scanning, A/V recording and digitization).
- Demonstrated experience with equipment troubleshooting including the use of software diagnostic tools.
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering training.
- Demonstrated experience creating understandable documentation.
- Experience with a programming or scripting language commonly used in desktop support.
- Experience tracking problems and problem resolution.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting operating systems in a Windows environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or similar device management framework.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V or other virtualization software.
- Experience with Windows and Linux Server Administration.
Washington State University (www.wsu.edu), one of two research universities in the state, was founded in 1890 as the state’s land-grant institution and has a current enrollment of approximately 30,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and approximately 7,000 faculty and staff. The University strongly values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. WSU students come together from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds from around the nation and more than 90 countries. As a comprehensive, land-grant institution, Washington State University is committed to excellence in teaching, research, and outreach to all constituents.
The WSU Libraries (libraries.wsu.edu), one of two Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in the state, houses over two million books and over 30,000 journal and magazine subscriptions. The Libraries are a part of the Orbis Cascade Alliance and are deeply invested, along with our partner libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, in the activities of the shared Unified Resource Management and shared Discovery environment. As an active partner in the Orbis Cascade Alliance, the WSU Libraries both inform and reflect the guiding tenets of the Alliance, which are: work smart, design for engagement, and innovate to transform. The Libraries also houses and co-directs the Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation (cdsc.libraries.wsu.edu), a collaboration with the College of Arts & Sciences that fosters digital projects across all disciplines and is home to national programs such as the Tribal Stewardship Cohort Program, The Sustainable Heritage Network (sustainableheritagenetwork.org), the Plateau Peoples’ Web Portal (plateauportal.libraries.wsu.edu) and Mukurtu CMS (mukurtu.org).
How to apply
Bonny Boyan, 509.335.1535
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Monday, June 11, 2018 23:52 UTC
Last updated: Monday, June 11, 2018 23:55 UTC